Monday, July 2, 2012

Dragonflies

The theme over at Tag Tuesday is "Along the Riverbank", and I wanted to share the tag I posted there.
I chose dragonflies to decorate my tag this week.  While I don't have  a river close to my house, I do live across from a pond, and several days over the summer there are hundreds of dragonflies that fly over the fields next to the pond all at the same time.  It is fascinating to see so many darting across the tall grass, their wings sparkling in the sunshine. 

The stamp is from Magenta, and I used watercolor pencils to color the background, and some Stickles to give the wings some glimmer.

Crazy 4 Challenges, C4C143, is having a tag challenge this week.  You can also see more tags at Tag Tuesday.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. What a sight that must be to see the clouds of dragonflies.
    Where I live you see one or maybe two darting about the flower gardens. They are so special to see...

    I saw a cloud of them once a few years ago...we came out of church from the funeral mass of a dear friends dad. There were clouds of 50 or more hovering in the trees outside the church. I always felt seeing those dragonflies that day was sort of a gift from God.

    ReplyDelete