Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Ocean and WOYWW

I've missed a few weeks of WOYWWing because we were away at the ocean.  I've posted a few pics at the end of this post.  Now on to the workspace...
I've been making lots of ocean themed tags for Tag Tuesday, this is the one I made at the last minute on Monday for "Rock Pools".  I stamped the sea fan on acetate, to give the illusion of the seahorse hiding behind it.  After I stamped the seahorses, I covered them in Glossy Accents, and when dry, I rubbed distress ink over them. 

On my travels to some scrapbookstores I found this paper and these stamps, so this may come together for this week's tag on "Mermaids and Waterbabies" (I am behind already, and am not sure what a waterbaby is!)
I made the paper on the right using a great ocean background stamp of a wavy pattern, those were just practice stampings, I've got to work with that some more.  I love the mermaid image, but there might be too much coloring for my lowly coloring skills.   That's whats on my workdesk today, you can see other fun spaces over at Julia's Stamping Ground.  I hope you will stop in a take a peek.   So much creativity there!
 My tag is going in a few challenges-
Here's a few photos of our trip to Turks and Caicos, where the water was an unbelieveable blue, and so clear.

Thanks for stopping by, and I look forward to your comments.

17 comments:

  1. Oh I love that seahorse stamp you have used, and your new papers are gorgeous. The photos - well I am a teeny bit envious and your photos are wonderful. Happy WOYWW, Anne x #58

    ReplyDelete
  2. your tag is fab,am sure your colouring is fine,love the holiday photos
    have a super woyww
    kay #82

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures Barb, what a marvellous trip you had. The mermaid stamp is beautiful but quite detailed...how about stamping her over coloured or patterned card in a single strong colour? Do mermaids have babies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back :)
    Pretty tag!
    And looks like you had a wonderful trip :)
    Mary Jo #108

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, your work and photos! #109

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tag is lovely and the photos superb.
    Can't wait to see what you create with the gorgeous mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pics, and a gorgeous tag. That mermaid stamp is beautiful and I'd go with Julia's suggestion as it looks great as it is. Happy Wednesday, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Barb - You have the makings of a fab tag there my friend! I am looking forward to seeing what you end up with. Have you seen this months categories? Carolyn has given us another great set of themes. WOYWW Hugs from Helen 19

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Barb,

    What a great tag!! I can see how your vacation gave you lots of color inspiration. Thanks for sharing some photos with us.

    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs, Kay #31

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that background, looks so textural! Great idea about stamping on acetate too! Trish #10

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohhhh, I am heading toward The Gulf of Mexico in a couple of weeks, and I can't wait to feel the sand beneath my feet! Loved seeing your pictures, they have gotten me in the mood for vacation! yay! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful tag and you can TOTALLY handle that mermaid! Make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thoroughly love your post today ... Firstly a fab tag and then the pics from your hols... A real wish I was there moment!
    Thanks for sharing at Woyww
    Catherine 137
    Ps mine doesn't look even a tenth as nice as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous tag! Love the blue sea! And those seahorses looks so sweet! Love the shells you've created! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful tag, the sea is a blue as the one in your photo!! Thank you for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous tag to go with your stunning photos. I love the colours and the seahorses are so cute. Great idea to have the acetate over the edge of your tag too.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely tag! I think it looks fabulous with the seahorse! Thank you for joining us this week at the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge!

    Jackie, Fab 'n' Funky DT

    ReplyDelete