Saturday, January 5, 2013

Chalkboard Technique



I have been wanting to try the Chalkboard Technique ever since I've seen so many great examples in blogland.   I used some of my Hero Arts sentiments that have a variety of fonts and placed them all on a clear block,  and tried different arrangements until I found one I liked.  Instead of embossing the words, I used a white Adrondack Snow Cap ink. After stamping, I went back and filled in a few spaces with flowers and hearts.  To give the shadowy chalk effect, I used a white colored pencil right next to the stamped images, and made a little smear of "chalk" here and there.
This was so much fun to do, I will definitely be making more of these cards!
There is a great tutorial on Betsy Veldman's blog, Paper, Scissors, Superheroes.

Have you tried this yet?  Let me know if you have, I've love to see what you made.

Lots of challenges are looking for you to try a new technique or use some new supplies.  Join in the fun!
A Blog Named Hero-New Year, New You
Simon Says Stamp- Something New
CASology Cue Card-New
Thanks for stopping by.  I love to read your comments!

14 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful example of the chalkboard effect. I love your word collage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent use of the chalkboard technique! Thanks for explaining how you did yours, and pointing the way to Betsy's tutorial, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not tried a chalboard technique...no link to Betsy's blog? Cute card :) waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't been brave enough to try this technique yet but I must especially after seeing how you have rocked it! Thanks for playing along with CAsology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun job on the chalkboard technique. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the chalkboard technique you did here! Thanks for playing along at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you hung the chalkboard on a 'wooden' wall - that detail adds so much! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SO cool, Barb!! I LOVE the look of the chalkboard!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the chalkboard, i must be last on the planet to try it, yours looks great :)

    xo, Kristina
    Visiting from ABNH Challenge
    Hope you'll visit me too <3
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Barb i love your chalkboard and I really love the sentiments that you used. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great, love the wording.. cool wood background..
    sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great take on the chalkboard technique and I love how you've hung it up with twine! Thanks for playing along with the Something New Challenge over at the Simon Says Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE it! Thanks for showing it to me. I have never seen a stamped chalk effect and it is amazing! Gives a great look to a card!

    ReplyDelete