Sunday, February 17, 2013

Quirky Dancer



I am a participant in Tag Tuesday, a creative blog where we post tags based on a weekly theme.  This year we are going through the alphabet.  When I came to the letter D, I knew I wanted to make a dance themed tag, and I had several great vintage photos from the Graphics Fairy in mind.  I chose this dancer, since she has such a dramatic outfit, and the colors she's wearing reminds me of the Moxie Fab's Tuesday Trigger "I've a Notion" color inspiration here. 
 
She looks like she would "dance for herself" and not worry about what other people think.  I would love to know the story behind this photo!  Was she a professional dancer?  She is wearing pointe ballet shoes, so she must have taken lessons for a long time.  What was the theme of the dance she was in that inspired such a creative costume?  If you are ever looking for great vintage photos, check out the Graphics Fairy site.  Karen posts several images a day, all free to use as you wish.
 
I am also entering this in Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge, make something messy, because  I used spray inks and stamps to make the background. 
 
Thanks for stopping by, and for leaving all of your kind comments.  Welcome to my latest followers, and if you are just stopping in, I hope you will become a follower, too.
 



7 comments:

  1. This tag is just too stinkin' fun! I love the colors ( great job on the Moxie Fab notions challenge ) and I love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tag and all of the textures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag, you have showcased the image beautifully. Lovely background and embellished perfectly. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The textures and the colors you chose are wonderfully creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and fanticiful tag! I love your take on the Trigger. The colors, layers, image and sentiment are fabulous. Off to become a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Barb! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful tag! Love the colors and sweet little blooms along the edges!

    ReplyDelete